We are Tax Law Professionals
Who Know all the Ins and Outs
of Dealing with IRS Tax Problems.
It seems as if everywhere you look a tax consultant, usually some out-of-state, faceless company, is promising “pennies-on-the-dollar” tax settlements and “guaranteed results”. Look closely … does the company you’re thinking of hiring employ a tax attorney, a CPA, a former IRS Appeals Officer, Enrolled Agents, and a caring, professional staff to compliment them? Does he or she usually handle tax law full-time or is it a sideline for them? Do you meet with a licensed tax attorney, or just a salesperson earning a commission? You have a right to know!
You Need a Game Plan!
Don’t know what to do? You need a Game Plan!
We will listen to your story and gather the facts of your particular case. Then we will outline the options available to you. We won’t tell you what you want to hear; we’ll tell you what you need to hear, and together we’ll develop a Game Plan to solve your tax problems. Get Your Game Plan today, and sleep better tonight.
Our Specialized Areas of Focus:
- Audits Appeals and Litigation
- Large Tax Debts
- Unfiled Tax Returns
- OICs/Tax Bankruptcies
- Criminal Investigation
MEET YOUR TAX PRO TEAM:
Larry Heinkel has assembled a team of Tax Pros that has been providing successful tax help primarily in Central Florida and Tampa for more than 30 years. We’re experienced in solving state and federal tax problems and have represented clients in thousands of Department of Revenue and IRS tax cases. We’re ready to dive into your particular tax issues, so you can sleep again at night.
Larry Heinkel, J.D. LL.M.TAX & BANKRUPTCY ATTORNEY
- Practicing bankruptcy and tax law for more than 30 years
- Litigated tax cases: Tax Court, Bankruptcy Court, District Court
- Graduated from University of Florida with honors in Accounting (B.S.B.A.), Law (J.D.), and Tax Law (LL.M.)
- A-V rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite
- Member of Law Review, published twice; served as Adjunct Professor in tax and business law at Rollins College and the University of Central Florida MBA Program.
MICHAEL ANIDJAR, CPA, ESQ.CPA & TAX ATTORNEY
- Florida Tax Attorney, Florida IRS Attorney; IRS Audit; IRS Controversy; IRS Lien; IRS Compromise
- Concentrates in the area of federal and state taxation of businesses and its owners
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant since 2008
- Serves as a bridge between accountant, lawyer, and taxpayer, in resolving tax issues
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M. Taxation (2011); Nova Southeastern University, J.D., cum laude (2010); University of Central Florida, Master of Science, Accounting (2007); University of Florida, Bachelor of Science, Accounting (2006)
April Serrano, E.A., CTRSEnrolled Agent & Certified Tax Resolution Specialist
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance
- Certified Tax Resolution Specialist with nearly 10 years of experience;
- Highly skilled at working with IRS and State revenue agencies to assist taxpayers resolving complex tax matters, including representation of multi-year non-filers; levy releases; lien subordinations/discharges/releases/ withdrawals; installment agreements; and offer in compromises.
- Highly personable and efficient
Joe McDermott, E.A.Former IRS Appeals Officer
- Degree in Accounting from NY Institute of Technology
- Master's in Taxation from Long Island University - C.W. Post, NY
- Former IRS Agent/Auditor (Long Island)
- Former IRS Appeals Officer and former Associate Chief of Appeals (Long Island)
- Former IRS Appeals Officer (Tampa)
- Special emphasis on employment taxes; FBAR; Innocent Spouse; and others.
- National Office's "Appeals Officer of the Year" for 2007.
- Licensed as ab Enrolled Agent with the IRS.
Kenton Sands, J.D., LL.M.TAX ATTORNEY (OF COUNSEL THROUGH SANDS WHITE & SANDS, P.A.)
- Univ. of Chicago (B.A.); Harvard Law School (J.D.); NYU Master’s in Taxation (LL.M.)
- Former federal prosecutor with the Dept. of Justice Tax Division
- Practicing criminal tax defense for over 25 years.
- Litigated tax cases: Tax Court, U.S. District Court, Florida state courts
- A-V rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Included in Florida Super Lawyers
Joseph C. Moffa, CPA, Esq.CPA & TAX ATTORNEY
- Founder & managing shareholder of The Law Offices of Moffa, Sutton, & Donnini, P.A.
- Concentrates in the area of state taxation
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant since 1982
- Licensed member of the Florida Bar since 1984
- Previously worked with Deloitte & Touche for 10+ years, led the firm's Florida State and Local Tax (SALT) practice
- Since opening a law firm in 1991, defended clients in almost every industry in Florida
- Awarded DISCUSSION LEADER OF THE YEAR AWARD 2011 & 2012 by FL Institute of CPAs
James H. Sutton, Jr., CPA, JD, LLMCPA & TAX ATTORNEY
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant since 1994
- Licensed member of the Florida Bar since 1998
- 20+ years experience working in Federal tax as well as State and Local Tax ("SALT")
- Teaches Sales and Use TaxBoston University College of Law's LLM of Taxation program
- State & Local Tax Chairman of American Academy of Attorney - Certified Public Accounts
- College Professorships: Boston University LLM Tax - Sales and Use Tax, Adjunct Professor of Law - Spring 2014; Stetson University College of Law - State and Local Taxation, Adjunct Professor of Law at, 2002 - 2013
Gerald Donini – copyGerald “Jerry” Donnini II is a partner of the Law Offices of Moffa, Sutton, & Donnini, P.A. Mr. Donnini concentrates in the area of Florida and Federal tax matters, with a heavy emphasis on the tobacco, convenience store and petroleum industries . He also handles a myriad of multi-state state and local tax issues. Mr. Learn More ››
Gerald J Donnini II. LL.M.TAX ATTORNEY
- Concentrates in the area of Florida and Federal tax matters, with a heavy emphasis on the tobacco, convenience store and petroleum industries
- Co-author for CCH’s Expert Treatise Library: State Sales and Us Tax
- Regularly represents cigarette, beverage, and tobacco distributors against the Division of Alcohol and Tobacco in connection with refund claims and audit defense
- Notes & Comments Editor, Nova Law Review & VP of Sports & Entertainment Law Society
- Education: New York University School of Law, L.L.M., Taxation (2014); Nova Southeastern University, J.D., magna cum laude (2011); UCF, B.B.A, Accounting (2007)
Sarah Martello J.D. LL.M.TAX ATTORNEY
- Experienced tax attorney, primarily handles cases dealing with clients whom have a wide range of IRS issues – both business & personal
- Ran her own tax law firm in Florida for 7 years
- Prior, joined Wolters Kluwer – CCH Tax and Accounting as a senior tax software developer
- Taught tax law as an adjunct professor at Washburn University School of Law
- College athlete & graduated from Wichita State University with her B.A
- Graduated from Washburn University School of Law with honors
- Moved to Florida, after receiving a scholarship at UF for her LL.M. in Taxation.